How Do I know If My Plants Will Produce Buds?

Discussion in 'DIY / How to' started by MrsWeedLover78, Aug 22, 2012.

1. MrsWeedLover78 Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $225
    I am new to growing, not smoking. Is there a way to tell if your plants will develop buds? I have a few and only think 2 have the potential. I put my nose up to the top of the tallest one and I could smell the skunk smell, is that a good sign? I am noticing other little leaves growing in between the main leaves of the plant is that a good sign? I just don't know, can someone give me some advise please?
  2. Indica420 Part time viking

Buzzed
    Stoner Buck$:
    $1,392
    Hi there.. You really can't tell males from females until they show their sex (balls/pistils) which is usually some time after flowering if you need more information google it for picture that will show you what to look out for. Hope that helps

Peace out;bonghit
  3. SmokeyMcBong Junior Stoner

Stoned
    Stoner Buck$:
    $207
    you can actually look at the point where the main stalk, fan leaf, and new growing tip all come together. look for either a little "pear" shape to indicate a female or a "ball" shape to indicate a male. and of course, the female is what you want. you plant does have to have more then 6 sets of leaves before it'll show preflowers usually tho.

google images of "marijuana preflowers" it takes a little getting used to but you can easily sex plants before you change the lights to 12-12