Bonsai and small shrubbery

Discussion in 'Advanced Techniques' started by Crazypotatoe, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Crazypotatoe Enough to share

Aggressive
    Stoner Buck$:
    $572
    Well, i was looking at a few ways to bonsai or keep my babies to a short but phat level, im up for cutting branches and tieing down was looking for more insider knowledge for creating the smallest and highest yields! woot information rules ;oops
  2. mwinter silly stoner

Stoned
    Stoner Buck$:
    $1,876
    Dude yes please im also trying to bonsai clones as inside space is at a all time low im working with romulan and i flowered the clones at 11 inches as i was scared of having a single cola because im in norcal and its winter so mold is an issue. i made my usuall mix of soil guano castings soil i mix it up then i dont feed her till bloom with bloom nutes and i put the castings again this time on top of the soil. so it looks like a mini plant not bushy but looks like a christmas tree but the branches are starting to show strain under the weight of the buds and im wondering if anyone knows of a way to bulk the stem besides a support like maybe a additive.Oh i forgot when i got the clones i put them under 24 hour light stretched it with the lights to seperate the branches for mold prevention so it was maybe 6 inches branched up i strechtched it 5 inches in between so it looked twiggy but than i switched to 12 hour cycle and it flowered and when i saw where the buds were placed i trimmed some of the leaves off for mold prevention.what are you doing Bonsai or lst and what strain?
  3. DarthChronic Just Your Average Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $337
    That sounds awesome. In school I was made to learn japanese, near the end of the year we were given a bonsai tree and showed how to take care of it. It was a little hard at first, but it was fun. I hope it works out well for you. Include pictures of your bonsai when you're done, I'd like to see how it turned out.
  4. BPharmaFree New Member

Stoner Buck$:
    $4,539
    past descriptions I've read of bonsaing cannabis included root trimming... sounded like a lot of work and I'm a fairly lazy guy
  5. Azure_Cloud OG st0n3r

Angelic
    Stoner Buck$:
    $4,079
    But once you find that special lady (mother) bonsaing might be the way to go, esp if you do not have room for a tree.
  6. likeakite Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $875
    Hi CP, If youre trying to keep a mama as a bonzi plant, its as easy as simply cutting it to whatever height you need. You may generally need to lop off about 1ft per month from the mama to keep it at whatever height you want. If the plants need more rootspace after a few months, its easy enough to transplant to a larger or a doubled pot. No need to overcomplicate it.

If youre thinking of bonzai plants to harvest, it can be done, but why would you want to limit the growth? It will lead to far less yield in the same amount of time.
    Supercropping, Training, Bending, Pruning, will limit the HEIGHT of the plants, but they will have the same amount of growth.
    LST, SCROG and other techniques that concentrate on making many growing tips on a short plant will increase the total time to harvest, but CAN yield far more per plant. :D
  7. Crazypotatoe Enough to share

Aggressive
    Stoner Buck$:
    $572
    Thanksss! Sorry i've been away for a week, will try to implicate some of the techs you talked about!!!:harvest:
  8. boo840 Newbie Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $15
    i kept the same mother for four years after i harvested. It literally was a bonsai. It had two inch leaves and grew very slowly but, produced enough clones to keep me happy. I did trim the roots back about every time i cloned. She grew in a half gallon pot inside a three gallon bucket with another three gallon bucket fitted with the 60w cfl and output fan. Once cloned, the leaves returned to original size and grew healthy every time.