At what age goes a human life begin?

Discussion in 'Spirituality and Philosophy' started by Nanoose, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Nanoose BC Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $2,504
    A couple of days ago I was taking to one of my grounds keeping customers about a pro life group that wants the Canadian Government to recognise that a human life begins at the moment of conception. This customer is a retired Doctor and I was a little surprised by his view - he figures human life doesn't begin until after it's separated from the mother or after a pre mature baby is separated from mechanical life support. I thought he was going to say 4 or five months but he's saying even a baby born a month over due is not a human being until its disconnected from its mother. I was more leaning towards human life begins at the moment of conception so he said - well what about cloning is a single human cell a human life? He kind of stumped me there so I figured I better not tell him about my theory that under magical conditions human life can begin even before the moment of conception (like a destiny thing a human life is destined to be born but it has to wait until its parents meet each other (through destiny) and decide to bring a child into the World). Cheers!
  2. aidan Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $82
    I'm a firm atheist and I don't think life begins at conception however I'm not sure when a life begins my younger cousin Spencer was born 4 months premature when he was born he was the size of a pound of butter and had clear skin he lived and is completely healthy right now so at 5 months a baby can live but anything less than 5 months and they baby couldn't survive