Any1 try magic-flight launch box?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Ganja_chef, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Ganja_chef Ganja Smuggler

Stoner Buck$:
    $426
    so im wanting to make the switch from smoke to vap for a healthier way to enjoy my herb but i want something that is going to be portable and can be used with plant mater not solids or oils so i found this launch box thing and want to know any1s review of it so post away if u have or used one b4 thanks!
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    GRRAYT: -26 Points (Dont be afraid to use the "search" feature. Everything you asked is already here and server space is precious.) Nov 27, 2010
    Joannamae Asebmem likes this.
  2. BlueHoo Banned in DC

Stoner Buck$:
    $2,998
    I've been very happy with my Flight Box. Check out the reviews on fuckcombustion.com.
  3. Dillon_On_Dro608 It's 4:20 some where!

Stoner Buck$:
    $554
    i didnt quit like it when i first got it. but a couple pointers are get new batteries. the "stock" ones are good but newer more powerful ones are the way to go. and if you feel ur not getting the hits you want, take a bic pen stick it into a plastic bottle and vape that way. might sound bootleg but god damn does it work!;LOL
  4. Clutch Probationary

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,166
    I just tried one for the first time about an hour ago and it was a little awkward, but it fucked me up more than I've been in years (I'd been sucking on some homemade shit earlier). No shit.
  5. Clutch Probationary

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,166
    Vape Report: I wasn't expecting a lot, but I got much more stoned than I was expecting. Next time I won't put so much in the chamber (I put my usual pre-measured amount), and I'll grind it up a little better. Most of what was left in the chamber is still pretty green. I got too stoned to go into chat and had to keep moving around doing things around the house or I'd freak out (I'm a lightweight). I usually prepare dinner after I get stoned that time of day, but I was much too stoned to handle any sharp knives.
  6. Clutch Probationary

Stoner Buck$:
    $1,166
    Vape Report Day 2: This time I just covered the bottom of the trench, used the same battery as yesterday. Light came on, but I really couldn't see the vapors forming. I held the battery down, which is also the switch for about 4-5 seconds, then slowly drew on the vape. I really can't see the fumes well as my room is kind of dark. I'm still pretty stoned, but not so stoned I can't function.
  7. MagicFlight123 Newbie Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $51
    yeah, It is a great vape, I have possessed 2 vapes that's still the broadly used. I bought mine at "Magic Flight Launch Box" there's a distinctive purchase happening. :thumbsup:
  8. BigDaddyVapor Junior Stoner

Hot
    Stoner Buck$:
    $193
    No need to head over to fuckcombustion. For one, its almost an 800 page thread and you can find ANY answer in that thread, on vaporpedia.com (including my MFLB whole milk videos). Second... I have 2 close contacts in their Customer Service department, so can help with warranty issues, if problems arise.

No need to replace the OEM batteries. They are the same batteries you get, when you purchase the most common and popular replacements. Most people refer to them as "Maha", but they get branded w/ different names. They're PowerEx batteries. The OEM and the most popular replacement are 2400mAh. However, if you want to pump it up a bit, you can get the 2700mAh for about the same price... 4 - $14 - $15. The difference, is the 2400 are slow discharge. You can store them for longer periods, without losing much of a charge. The 2700s are meant for vapor NOW and you have to be extremely careful of combusting, with them.

With a normal packed load (just below edge of trench) and most of all... properly dried/cured and grind, you should be able to get at least 10-12 good vapor rips, off an MFLB. A "good" battery, should last at the very minimum, 2 trenches, no problem. You should also be quite lit up, after your 2nd hit, off the MFLB (unless you're going milk hits). I also ask people, having issues or questions about the MFLB, to try some things for me.

1) Set aside the bud you want to grind, someplace where it can dry out some. Break it up a bit and let it sit, for about 1/2 hour, at least. If you have the OEM Nano grinder, use it. It gives the best consistency grind, for the box. Other grinders, will more than likely take more turns, to achieve the same results. Rule of thumb I use, is at LEAST 20 turns 1 way and 20 turns the other.

2) After grind and load, I'm assuming some knowledge of use of the box and how to get vapor and not smoke, out of the box. Take 2 large (yes, the box can provide HUGE rips) and then just chill for 5 minutes.

3) After the 5 minutes are up, note how stoned/medicated you are.

However, I will sound like a broken record. For success with the box to be achieved, the biggest problem... that leads to a LOT of people throwing up their hands and saying "@#$% it!" The cure/grind is of #1 importance. Most bud you get these days and especially medicinal quality is cured for smoking. Big difference between the two. Moisture is an enemy of the box. You want to vaporize the actives of the Marijuana... not warm it up, until its dry out water moisture enough, to vaporize the actives of the bud.

I will contact Magic Flight and see if I can get their techs to keep track of this forum, also. If there is some type of "Official" thread for the box, where questions/answers can be addressed.

My MFLB credentials. ;)
    MsIndica likes this.
  9. BigDaddyVapor Junior Stoner

Hot
    Stoner Buck$:
    $193
    A great chart to save and even print out. Courtesy Vaporpedia (hosting), but I believe Magic Flight, made the image.

[IMG]
    MsIndica likes this.
  10. Walterz906 Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $96
    Yea the MFLB is a pretty good vape. Its cheap too. the picture this guy put here is super useful thanks!!
  11. BifftaontheBrain Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $86
  12. MsIndica Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $195
    I love my MFLB, but I have never gotten as much vapor out of it as I saw in your video. I am wondering if the moisture content is the issue. I grind my weed in a coffee grinder that is exclusively for weed. I get a fine grind that looks like what is in the picture above with the MFLB. I am going to try to let my weed dry a bit more after it's ground and see what that does for me. Thanks for the info.! It would be useful if more info. was included in the booklet that you get with the MFLB. Happy with mine though!
    One other question.......mine doesn't have a light. Is it supposed to? or is it an older model that didn't come with one?
  13. MsIndica Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $195
    Thanks again BigDaddyVapor, I just dried my weed a bit and then packed my MFLB. Took 3 hits and I'm higher than a kite! ,') I appreciate anything that helps me achieve the desired result and also makes the method more efficient. ;pass
  14. Walterz906 Junior Stoner

Stoner Buck$:
    $96
    The magic flight is a pretty good unit. At the 119 price, you dont have much options. I comment a lot at FC vaporizer forum, but the guy up top is right. it is hard to find answers there.

Here is a video on how the MFLB works:

It is pretty good, but quite a few times i found myself out of battery. the batteries really dont last long, especially if they are a few months old.

That aside, I would really recommend the vapman at that price. You can read the full comparison review here: http://blog.torontovaporizer.ca/2013/03/vapman-vs-magic-flight-launch-box-vaporizer.html

I tried both and I like the vapman better!
  15. BigDaddyVapor Junior Stoner

Hot
    Stoner Buck$:
    $193
    Two most important things with the MFLB are grind and cure.

You want a very fine grind. The more surface area exposed, the more efficient. Cure... most herb is cured for combustion/smokers. It's got some moisture also, for freshness. You want the herb to have a slight crunch to it, when you grind. And it should always grind. If it rips, tears, or shreds, it's not cured right.

Like I said, I am a broken record on the subject of cure. It is everything, after the box turning on and working.

The batteries. Since my last reply... Magic Flight has upgraded/redesigned the batteries. The new ones, are game changers. Instead, of inconsistent discharge rate the loads would get worse, as the batteries wore down. Battery discharge was pretty fast.

The new batteries are the same price, $9 for the pair. Any battery, old or new, however... should last longer than a few months. My old tech ones, didn't start degrading really, until after about a year. Also the new batteries, besides lasting longer... they provide better, more consistent heat (I've yet to combust using them and I'll hold a battery in for 10-15 seconds)... and the power stays even, until the charge wears out. Then the battery just discharges. No, trying to milk tiny sips of vapor. The new batteries... thick vapor, from charge to discharge. Once broken in... a charge should last over a trench, if you pack to the rails. If you load smaller recommended trenches... the charge will easily last a day.

Magic Flight also just released a new Power Adapter. Should be for sale, starting the 29th, online. Here's video of it.